|The Scouts Association
|Local Growth Officer
|East England, London
|Contract/ Fulll Time
Our Ideal Local Growth Officer
As a Local Growth Officer for Scouts and Explorers you will proactively assist Counties and Districts in achieving their growth objectives specifically by establishing new sections for Scout and Explorer Scout age groups (10-18). This will require close collaboration with local volunteers and our broader Growth & Communities team, which maintains relationships with lead volunteers in each County in England.
Role of Local Growth Officer
In the position of our Local Growth Officer for Scouts and Explorers you will lead a team responsible for delivering high-quality support to local Scouting initiatives. Your role will be proactive in assisting Counties and Districts in achieving their growth aspirations.
Collaborate and provide support in partnership with District Commissioners, Group Scout Leaders, and other volunteers to establish new Scout and Explorer Scout sections, thereby promoting Scouting growth in the designated Counties, in alignment with their County Growth Plans.
Implement the opening of new sections according to County Growth Plans, leveraging local insights, cooperating with local volunteers, and contributing to the ongoing refinement of the local inclusive Growth Plan as necessary.
This effort aims to realize our ambitions of creating more Scouting opportunities for young people aged 10 and above, particularly in lower IMD areas and predominantly Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities.
Collaborate with relevant local lead volunteers to assess their current community outreach and identify growth prospects within their respective areas.
Generate regular progress reports within specified timeframes and targets, as an integral part of our organizational record-keeping and reporting systems, subject to review by our Inclusive Growth team.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexibility in your work approach, tailored to your role and department.
- The honor of being part of a team recognized with the Investors in People (Gold) award.
- Abundant opportunities for learning and professional development.
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases to 32 days after two years of service.
- Four additional days for personal matters concerning your family.
- Three additional days during the Christmas season.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Flexible working hours
- Store discounts at our Scout Store and other online perks
Apply This Job
If you want to apply in this job, click here.