Company Name : Engie UK
Job Designation : Renewable Commercial Manager – Onshore Wind
Job Location : London
Job Type : Work From Home / Full Time
Salary : Negotiable
Engie Company Profile
ENGIE is a globally recognized leader in the provision of low-carbon energy supply and services. With a rich history of more than two decades in the UK energy market. We are dedicated to investments in energy infrastructure, particularly emphasizing energy storage and renewable energy sources like solar, wind, and biogas.
Our commitment extends to delivering energy solutions to organizations of all sizes. Our vision transcends mere profitability; we aspire to shape the future of energy by seamlessly combining economic success with a positive impact on both humanity and the environment. We actively seek individuals who share our dedication to transform this vision into tangible reality.
About the Position
Within our team, you will assume a pivotal role in supporting the commercial optimization of our development projects. ENGIE is presently in search of a Renewable Commercial Manager for Onshore Wind projects, with the position situated in London.
This role offers a permanent full-time opportunity, and we have embraced a hybrid work model that entails an average of two days of office attendance per week. We provide an attractive compensation package, including a competitive salary, bonuses, and comprehensive benefits.
- Identifying fresh business opportunities, securing land rights, and devising strategies to extract value from each site, encompassing commercial, planning, community, and technical strategies.
- Evaluating and offering insights into markets and technologies to ensure our future projects align with robust market opportunities.
- Managing all relationships and contractual obligations with landowners, overseeing all land-related aspects throughout the design, planning, financial closure, and construction phases.
- Previous experience in the development of renewable projects in the UK, with a particular focus on land identification/acquisition, grid connection achievement, and planning consent acquisition.
- Additional prior experience in the UK renewable projects sector, including land identification/acquisition, grid connection achievement, planning consent acquisition, origination of corporate Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), and participation in Contracts for Difference (CFD) auctions.
- A degree qualification with relevant professional certifications or equivalent experience.
- Strong collaboration skills with senior stakeholders across various disciplines, coupled with excellent communication abilities.
- Proficiency in understanding route-to-market options, including CFDs and corporate PPAs for renewable projects.
- A comprehensive understanding of the UK electricity sector and its regulations.
- The capability to optimize costs, both in terms of capital and operational expenses.
- A solid grasp of the sector landscape and familiarity with key stakeholders such as offtakers and contractors.