Company Name : London Wildlife Trust
Job Designation : Accountant
Job Location : South East England, London
Job Type : Permanent / Full Time
Salary : £32,000 – £40,637 per annum
Are you an experienced operations manager seeking a fresh and exciting challenge. Do you have a passion for breathtaking landscapes and a strong desire to work for a meaningful cause. If so, this opportunity may be ideal for you.
We are currently looking for an experienced manager to oversee the operational aspects of one of our crucial and globally significant nature reserves Waltham stow Wetlands. Collaborating closely with various teams within our organization you will play a pivotal role in managing all aspects of this intricate site including but not limited to enhancing the visitor experience facilities management ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and overseeing contract delivery.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in operations management. This role offers an excellent opportunity for individuals experienced in operations general management or visitor services who are looking for a fresh challenge and have a keen interest in nature conservation.
In this capacity you will lead a dedicated visitor engagement team and collaborate with various departments across our organization contributing to our vision of making London a vibrant center of nature where everyone can connect with and appreciate wildlife.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Visitor Experience your role will involve overseeing the overall visitor experience and operational management of Waltham stow Wetlands as both a nature reserve and a visitor attraction.
As the Waltham stow Wetlands Manager your primary focus will be on creating an exceptional visitor experience managing site infrastructure and facilities ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, overseeing complex site management and development managing contracts and supervising staff volunteers and contractors.
You will collaborate closely with various stakeholders and departments, fostering crucial partnerships with Thames Water and Waltham Forest Council to ensure the successful execution of an annual operational plan and budget in line with contractual obligations.
Additionally you will serve as the key point of contact for broader partners, including Natural England LVRPA Environment Agency and neighboring boroughs with effective partnership collaboration and communication being integral to your role.
Your responsibilities will include
- Developing an annual operational plan and budget to ensure the effective achievement of contractual KPIs.
- Leading contract reporting to Waltham Forest Council and chairing related meetings.
- Planning and coordinating resources on-site in accordance with budget constraints.
- Managing staff scheduling coordinating the execution of various activities and events on-site and ensuring the site remains open and accessible as much as possible.
- Serving as the primary liaison point for the Trust and the Partnership on-site including responding to incidents and issues.
- Implementing the Trust’s health and safety policies and procedures on-site while adhering to Thames Water’s safety requirements.
- Maintaining effective working relationships and communication with various members of the Waltham stow Wetlands Partnership, including chairing meetings.
- Managing and liaising with contractors, including on-site Thames Water operations and fisheries staff.
- Ensuring the site’s development and sustainability by collaborating with different departments and forming partnerships.
- Maximizing and expanding front-of-house and visitor engagement volunteering on-site.
- Managing and maintaining site buildings and facilities to ensure an outstanding visitor experience and compliance with legislation.
- Regularly surveying and monitoring visitors and providing associated reports.
- Collaborating with the conservation team and working in partnership with Thames Water to manage Waltham stow Wetlands to support and enhance its biodiversity and statutory designations.
- Coordinating the review of site-specific plans and striving for Green Flag Award status.
- Collaborating with the conservation team to ensure the execution of a wildlife monitoring schedule.
- Ensuring Trust presence and contributions within the Waltham stow Partnership (in partnership with Lee Valley Regional Park Authority, Natural England, and others).
Company Perks & Benefits
- Salary: £40,637 per annum
- Tenure: Permanent, full-time contract
- 25 days of annual leave (pro rata) plus statutory holidays
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Scheme to support you both at work and in your personal life
- Supportive and inclusive policies, including family-friendly policies and an enhanced flexible working policy
- “Staff Day” held once a quarter, allowing you to actively participate in conservation work at one of our sites
Our Ideal Waltham stow Wetlands Manager
- Demonstrated experience in operational and facilities management
- Knowledge and application of health and safety legislation and risk assessments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and enhance effective working relationships
- Previous experience in managing staff, volunteers, and contractors
- Project management experience, including budget oversight
Do you believe you are a perfect fit for this role? We would love to hear from you
Our vision is to make London a vibrant hub of nature where everyone can connect with and appreciate wildlife. To achieve this goal of engaging everyone in protecting London’s wildlife for the future, we recognize the need for our staff team to better reflect and represent all of London’s communities.
We providing better opportunities for all. In addition to our inclusive Talent policy which outlines our commitments including providing fair opportunities to ex-offenders we also offer an enhanced flexible working policy that is available to you from your very first day.
Learn more about London Wildlife Trust’s commitment to Equality Diversity and Inclusion on our website.
- Facilities Management
- Operations Management
- Safety Compliance
- Visitor Experience
Apply This Job
If you want to work as a Visitor Operations Manager this job is suitable for you and also can apply in it by click here.